TO LEARN MORE
Give us a call at 800-345-8881 or fill out the form below
and we’ll get back to you within two business days.
THERMO PLY STRUCTURAL SHEATHING//= get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'subheading', true)?>
When you’re sheathing a building you want the job done right. But you also want it done fast. With ThermoPLY, the lightweight design allows you to work quickly while the high-strength cellulosic fiber boards provide durability, moisture resistance and a best-in-class air barrier for years to come.
• A protective polymer layer is applied on both sides and foil facings may also be applied on one or both sides.
• Factory-extrusion coating for built-in Water Resistive Barrier with 3⁄4” (min.) overlapped or tapped joints.
• Advanced Moisture Guard option provides adhesive with 3⁄4” overlap panel joints for even tighter water and air barrier performance
• Exterior Wall Sheathing & Bracing, and Interior Shearwall Bracing.
THERMO-PLY OPTIONS: ALL AVAILABLE ON ALL GRADES
* 48” or 48- 3/4” widths at no MSF up-charge
* 49” width for AMG.
* 8’, 9’ or 10’ lengths at no MSF up-charge.
* Custom lengths up to 14’ available.
The benefits of Thermo-Ply vs. OSB
|Thermo-Ply Structural Sheathing by OX||OSB (Oriented Strand Board)|
|No added asphalts, formaldehide,phenols or CFCs||Made from wood chips, may contain formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a probable human carcinogen.|
|Stable pricing||Commodity, rapid price fluctations|
|Extrusion Coated WRB on both sides||Requires additional WRB layer|
|High moisture tolerance||Low moisture tolerance. Significant swelling when wet, which could produce mold.|
|Tight seal controls air infiltration for lower ACH||Average air infiltrations perfomance|
|Custom sizes and private labeling avaliable||Typically no custom sizes or print available|
|13 lbs for 4’x8’ sheet (RED)||45 lbs for 7/16’’ x 4’8’ sheet|
|Physical Properties of Thermo- Ply Structural Sheathing|
|Physical Property||Standard||Test result||Unit of Measure|
|R- value||ASTM C518||Green .13| Red .18| Blue.20||*F.Ft 2. h/Btu|
|Drainage Efficiency||ASTM E2273||97.8||%|
|Sound Transmission||ASTM E90||STC 21||dB|
|Water Absorption||ASTM D1037||Less than 15||%|
|Permeability||ASTM E96||< 0.6||Perms|
|Air Barrier||ASTM E2178||< 0.02||L/s/M2@75Pa|